You can check this page for a very detailed explanation, or following the next steps:
- Create or customize your countdown in Pretty Progress.
- Go to your Home Screen.
- Tap and hold anywhere on the screen until your apps go into jiggle mode.
- Tap the “+” button at the upper corner of the screen.
- Search “Pretty Progress” in the list of app widgets by scrolling or writing the app name.
- Choose the size of the countdown widget you want to add and tap “Add Widget”.
- Long tap on the widget that has appeared on the screen. Select "Edit widget".
- Choose the name of the countdown you want on your Home Screen from the selectable list.
- It is possible to rearrange your Home Screen widgets while you are still in jiggle mode.
- Tap “done” when finished.
The size of the widget is selected in the process of adding a widget to your Home Screen before being able to edit the widget or choose its settings. This is part of the native iOS flow and behavior.
For a detailed explanation of how to add a widget with different sizes, please check this page.
Sometimes, iOS doesn't detect all the apps that include widgets and it misses Pretty Progress right after installing it. This is usually resolved by restarting your device.
If you have deleted any of the standard progress and you want to restore them, including their special functions, you can do so in the About screen:
- Tap the "..." button at the top right of the app's Home screen
- Tap in "About Pretty Progress"
- Scroll down and tap in "Restore Default Progress" button
Currently, there's no way to sync progress between different devices. This will be an option in the near future.
- Be sure that you are logged in the same Apple account that made the initial purchase
- Open Pretty Progress and tap in any of the Buttons that ask you to upgrade to PRO
- In the screen that appears, at the top right, you will see a button that says “Restore purchase”
- Tap that button and the purchase should be restored automatically
If you buy Pretty Progress PRO on 1 device, you can use it on all your devices.
In case you purchase PRO, you only need to do it one time for all the devices that share the same Apple account. If you buy PRO on your iPhone, then on your iPad or Mac you need to go to the upgrade screen and tap in “Restore purchase” at the top of the screen (see previous question for more details). If you are logged in to the same account, then PRO will also work on your iPad or Mac.
Unfortunately, this is a common issue affecting several users and apps that is related with iOS. When this happens, update Pretty Progress and your device to the latest versions. If the problem continues, try restarting your device and removing/reinstalling Pretty Progress.
If you continue facing the issues, here there's a more extended article explaining more options you can try to make your widgets work.
Unfortunately, sometimes iOS stops updating widgets. When this happens, opening and closing Pretty Progress or restarting your device typically gets it started again.
It is currently not possible due to the way Apple handles widgets.
Apps have the ability to request when a widget should be updated, always inside of a “budget” of requests (currently every 5min), but it is iOS who finally decides and manages when that happens depending on several factors. Apple does this so that widgets do not consume so much battery.
It is possible to update widgets “manually” every time an app is used again. Your widgets will be updated every time you open the app.
Please, contact email@example.com for any other kind of enquiry. You can also use any of the other channels. I’ll be happy to help :)